"Personal growth should commence at birth and cease only at death"

About Me

My photo
I am a 31 year old Adventurer. I'm out on my biggest adventure yet as I have moved to Boston, MA to become their newest resident. I believe in the cup always being half full, doing the things that make you happy in life, and being truly honest to myself and everyone else. Carpe Scrotum!

Friday, July 9, 2010

And the dream ends....

So I was handed an offer that I couldn't refuse last night. I answered a craigslist ad for a guy who needs his car driven from Boston, to Missoula, MT. Turns out, this guy is going to pay me to drive his car across the country! Seriously. So, while I hate to leave Boston and everything I have experienced for the 6 weeks I have been here....now is the time to make the move back home. I wasn't planning on leaving Boston until the mid to late part of August, but this opportunity is just too good to pass up. It would have cost me 300 bucks to take a train back, or 200 for a plane ticket. This way, I actually get to move home the way I WANT to do it, AND I get paid for it. Can't argue with that right? This guy's name is Scott Edgerton, and apparently he does this is a side job. Buys cars from around the country and re-sells them to make a profit. I'm just lucky enough to have the chance to drive across country like I've always wanted! I'll be touring Lambeau Field in Green Bay, Wisconsin, going to the NFL HOF, MLB HOF, NBA HOF, and the Rock and Roll HOF during my road trip home. I also plan on seeing Mt. Rushmore and a few other sites along the way. I am making this drive in 5 days, ending in Missoula, Montana. This should be one of the most amazing experiences of my life!

Now that my 2 month vacation is coming to a close, its time to get back to the real world. Find a job, build a new life in Grays Harbor. I've learned a lot about myself recently. And I know whats important to me now. Something I've been trying to find for years, but was literally right in front of my face. Yet, I seemed to be running from it at the same time. No more running though, no more dodging my issues, trying to avoid the past, or become a different person. I am ME, I'm just not afraid of that anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog